As a manager, your overall goal for each day with your team is to maximize the productivity and quality that they are capable of producing. And despite a thorough hiring process, training that is second to none, and competitive compensation, you probably still find yourself at times with an underperforming lackluster group of paycheck collectors, with absenteeism and turnover levels too high to maintain any kind of consistent progress. But perhaps the problem is not in your team or their capabilities . . . but in you. How are you intentionally motivating them to greatness?
As a manager, one of your most important responsibilities is to motivate your employees to do their absolute best. Managers who create positive, rewarding, high-energy environments will find their employees longing to excel at work and to contribute to the overall mission. In Motivation, success expert Brian Tracy draws on his decades of experience bringing out the best in others to provide 21 of the fastest, most powerful methods ever discovered for increasing the effectiveness of any individual or group. Inside this efficient, easy-to-read guide, managers will learn how to:
• Ensure employees look forward to coming to work and feel passionate about what they do
• Challenge them with tasks that allow them to stretch
• Satisfy their need to feel both autonomous and part of a greater whole
• Reduce their fear of failure while increasing their desire to take risks
• Remove obstacles that suppress promising employees
• Provide the regular feedback they need to succeed
• And much more! More than likely, you already have the team you need to take your company to the next level of success. They are just waiting for someone to come along and inspire them to greatness. Packed with proven tools and strategies, this essential guide helps any manager deliver a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart of his or her work team.