Similarity checking service is for checking and detecting the similarity rate in the scientific publication between the checking product and the previously published scientific works with iThenticate tool, developed by Turnitin (USA). The iThenticate database currently has more than 60 billion web pages, 155 million content items, including 49 million works from 800 publishers of CrossRef Similarity Check. iThenticate is also being implemented for more than 80% of journals in the ISI database.
TDTU Library is committed to keeping information confidential and secure for documents sent to the Library in the form of using the Library's Similarity Checking Service. See the full commitment statement here
Fee (VAT is not included):
- For TDTU member: 130,000 VNĐ per 01 submission (with 2 times of re-checks). From 01/01/2021, the estimated fee will be 200,000 VNĐ per 01 submission (with 2 times of re-checks).
- For Non-TDTU member: 600,000 VNĐ per 01 submission (with 2 times of re-checks)
Conditions for checked documents :
+ Documents to check must be in the form of electronic documents, including Word, Text, PostScript, PDF, HTML, Excel, PowerPoint, Word Perfect WPD, OpenOffice ODT, RTF, Hangul HWP.
+ Document must contain at least 20 words in text format.
+ Document capacity does not exceed 100Mb; Maximum length is 400 pages and 25,000 words. If the size and length of the document exceeds the specified limit, it will be counted as many requirements depending on the actual document.
+ Please note that the submitted revision paper must be based on the existing document and be no less than 60% similar to the previous submission in order for it to be considered a revision. Otherwise, the system will not allow you to upload the document as a revision and an error -904 may be displayed. Any more than a 40% difference between the current submission and the revised document will require you to use or purchase additional paper credits to submit the document as a new submission.
THE PROCESS OF SIMILARITY CHECKING FOR RESEARCH PUBLICATION
Step 1: Users fill out the online registration form. After receiving the registration information, the library will send a confirmation mail to the user via email and they will attach their publication by replying to the library's mail.
Step 2: After the library receives users's requests, the library will send a quote to them.
Step 3 : The user will proceed to pay the service fee in the following two ways:
+ Number 1: Pay directly at 6th floor – Inspire Library of Ton Duc Thang University and get receipt.
+ Number 2: Payment via bank account and send information to the library. The Ton Duc Thang University's accounts information is as follows:
- Account name : TRUONG DAI HOC TON DUC THANG
- USD A/C NO: 007.137.0758810
- VND A/C NO: 007.100.0829274
- EUR A/C NO: 007.114.1063654
- Bank name : Joint Stock Commercial Bank For Foreign Trade Of Vietnam – Hochiminh City Branch
- Swift Code : BFTVVNVX007
- Address : VBB TOWER, 5 CONG TRUONG ME LINH STREET, BEN NGHE WARD, DISTRICT 1, HO CHI MINH CITY, VIET NAM.
- Content of Payment : [Full name] [Unit] [Researcher/Lecturer] Similarity Checking Service – [Short title of the attached article]
Step 4 : After the Department of Finance confirms receipt of payment, the library will conduct similarity checks and send the results to the user's email. (The resulting file is in *.pdf format)